Thursday, January 17, 2019

It's Tough...

Today is an exceptionally hard day for me, so far.

I'll be honest, I feel rather silly posting this only 10 days into adopting the AIP diet...but it's true! The urge to stray from the list of 'approved foods' is strong today.

I think it's because there's been a massive uptick of stress in the last 24 hours...maybe?

Me, internally
Or maybe it's because this diet sucks. It's frankly not fair to have to sacrifice so many different foods and seasonings just because my body is dysfunctional. I'm not typically one to whine about things that are out of my control, but if I don't vent, I feel like I'll burst!

I'm also frustrated because my HS symptoms are currently much worse than day 1 of this diet. Much worse. Controlling my HS flares is the whole reason for going on the very strict AIP elimination diet. If I were only wanting to lose weight, I'd do a much more lenient 'normal' diet! I did some reading on how AIP diets can improve HS symptoms yesterday....the article said that it can take weeks or months before you start seeing real results. Months!!! Sorry, I am not a patient lady and I don't know if I can stick it out for months before this diet plan is worth all of the trouble.

***Sigh***

I came thiiiiiiiis close to stopping and getting a doughnut this morning. Like, infinitesimally close.

But...

I resisted. And now I'm sitting at my desk, at work, pouting and internally warring with myself while trying to find a position to comfortably sit and not aggravate my bleeding flares.

Guys, this is horrible. Hidradenitis is, I mean.

Send me positive vibes, please! I'm definitely on the struggle bus today. 


2 comments:

  1. You're doing an AWESOME job! Just stick with it and things will start to get better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you <3 [my husband, ladies and gentlemen <3 ]

      Delete

Semaglutide: Week 1 Recap...

I just officially finished my first week of my Semaglutide treatment plan at my new weight loss clinic. How did it go? It was okay .  Overal...