Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Missing Christmas...

Totally me!
Well, we've done it, folks! Give yourselves a pat on the back, you survived another Christmas season!!

Kidding aside, I hope that anyone that reads this blog had a wonderful Christmas ^_^ My little family sure did! The past week has been filled with as much holiday hustle and bustle imaginable...many, many family event hours later, everything is done.

Just like that. Done.

I noticed something a bit strange this morning. As I was going about my apartment getting ready for work this morning, I felt a tiny, creeping bit of sadness as I walked past our Christmas tree. It's no longer got a buttload of gifts tantalizingly waiting underneath it...instead there are only scraps of wrapping paper and the odd bow that had fallen off of its package. Instead of the anxious anticipation of Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, I'm now filled with dread at the idea of having to find room and places for all of the gifts that we received. Now, instead of enjoying my tree, I sigh and dread having to take it down and pack away all of the ornaments...

It's strange...how pretty much the entire month of December builds up and up to Christmas and then **poof** it's all just...gone.

It was depressing to get into my car this morning. To the chagrin of my husband, I've been listening to our local Christmas music station for the better part of 6 weeks [yes, I'm one of those people]...and now, there are no longer cheery carols to listen to.

Now, the stress and worry of finding the perfect gifts for everyone on my shopping list is gone...but it's almost like a chunk of happiness is, too. I pretty much don't know what to do with myself now!

Funny, I remember the same sort of "event vacuum" the day after my wedding, last year. All the planning, fretting, anticipation....and then, just nothing!

Don't get me wrong, I don't ever truly love the stress of event preparation while it's going on...I moan and groan just like everyone else. But I seem to miss it once it's gone!

I wonder if there's some sort of archaic word for these 'post-Christmas blues.' I bet there is, I'll have to research it later.

How about you? Do you find yourself a bit sad at the end of the holidays or are you glad to have it all over with?

P.S. - 12 days until AIP overhaul! Hmm....maybe planning the transition can keep me occupied while I get over missing Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semaglutide: Week 1 Recap...

I just officially finished my first week of my Semaglutide treatment plan at my new weight loss clinic. How did it go? It was okay .  Overal...