Thursday, January 10, 2019

So Far...

I'm officially halfway through my first week on AIP diet! Time for a few updates...

Sticking to this diet is hard. Not going to sugarcoat it in the slightest, at all! I vastly underestimated
Me, trying to summon my willpower...
the amount of prep-cooking that needs to be done, and I've also underestimated the quantities of food that should be made!

So many veggies!
It's the fourth day of this diet, and I've already had to make 2 more batches of the turkey sausage! In all fairness, it's partly because my husband and kiddo have taken a liking to it and have been helping me deplete my sausage stash....but mostly because I didn't realize how far 1 pound of meat doesn't stretch. Luckily, my local Sprouts grocery store has had a weekly special on ground turkey [3 lbs for $6], so I've been able to make more as the sausage has been running out.

I severely underestimated meats for dinner, as well! I made beef patties on the first day...however, I made my normal-sized batch for my family, and didn't have enough for any leftover. [There was 1 patty leftover, but I used that for one of my kiddo's dinners!] This left me having to choose between my breakfast turkey sausage and my lunch/salad chicken for dinner proteins for two nights this week [hence, running out of sausage]. In the future, I will need to make sure that I 1) prepare and make enough different kind of proteins so that my family and I don't get bored with the week's menu and 2) make large enough batches of whatever I decide to cook so that there is plenty for the week!

If I don't adjust my cooking and planning habits, I can foresee having more weeks like this one....and my sanity won't make it! I've done more trips to the grocery store, 'batch' cooking, and dishes in the last few days than in the last few weeks combined! I will re-evaluate the variety and amounts of food needed at the end of the week and do a better job of preparing for next week!

Sticking to not having certain foods has been pretty tough...I find myself missing breads and carbs the most! Yesterday, I was jokingly telling my family that I would do anything for a breadstick! But! I managed to tough it out and did not cave to my carb craving! **Woo-hoo!!**

As far as results:

I'm really not expecting anything at this point, it simply hasn't been long enough! However! I will tell you that the scale has been doing a bit of downward trending, which makes me ecstatic! I'm going to post weight numbers 1x a week...I feel like that's the most objective way to gauge progress, since weight tends to fluctuate daily. Check back soon, I'll keep updating with my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semaglutide: Week 1 Recap...

I just officially finished my first week of my Semaglutide treatment plan at my new weight loss clinic. How did it go? It was okay .  Overal...