Tuesday, January 8, 2019

New Beginnings...

Yesterday, I started my AIP diet!

I'd say that, overall, yesterday went pretty 'okay.' Having no carbs wasn't horrible and I didn't even realize that I didn't have any dairy at all. However, I do realize that it was only the first day and that the real test of willpower is yet to come. Hooray?

Food Prep!
For this week's starch replacement vegetable, I prepped some sweet potatoes....it felt like it took forever! I bought 4 medium-large sweet potatoes and plan to eat them with breakfast and dinner just about everyday this week. I peeled and sliced them, and then cooked them in a skillet with coconut oil and some salt and rosemary. [I've never cooked with coconut oil before, I still am undecided on how I feel about it...]

In addition to prepping the sweet potatoes, I cut up and caramelized 4 onions for the week. Caramelized onions compliment sweet potato excellently! [I know there are more than 4 onions in my picture...I kept one raw to use later in the week and ended up throwing one of the smaller onions away] For future meal prep, I think I'd need to almost double the amount of onions...there just doesn't seem to be a whole lot once they've cooked down!

Finally, I made some maple and sage turkey sausage [there isn't a picture of this, but you can see it in my assembled breakfast bowl]. I really like having a batch of this made and kind of just hanging out in the fridge...I'm hoping I made enough for all of this week's breakfasts and maybe even some if I need it for lunch, but I'll likely need to make bigger batches of this in the future!

I don't have a picture of it, but over the weekend, I had some split chicken breasts that I seasoned with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and thyme and then baked in the oven. For lunch, I've been having a little bit of this chicken on top of a kale and spinach salad. Yesterday, I realized that store bought salad dressings aren't allowed on the AIP diet....so today, I made a small batch of balsamic vinaigrette. 

I'll be sure to write another post later this week, updating on how the diet is going. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semaglutide: Week 1 Recap...

I just officially finished my first week of my Semaglutide treatment plan at my new weight loss clinic. How did it go? It was okay .  Overal...