Friday, May 3, 2019

Setbacks and Baby Steps...

So...what's been going on these past few months?

Well.

Somewhere around the beginning of February, I fell off of the AIP wagon pretty hard....and have made no real attempts to get back on. Shameful, I know.

I've got the willpower of a wet noodle...
I was/am frustrated with seeing no real, consistent results with my HS and decided that it didn't seem worth the trouble to maintain an AIP diet. Now, truthfully, I did lose some weight on the diet...somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-18 lbs, which is fantastic for a month. Since stopping the diet, I can tell that I've gained some of it back [going off of how my jeans feel, tbh], but I don't think I've gained it all back....maybe. I dunno. I got fed up with my horrible bathroom scale [it never gave a consistent reading...it would vary as much as 5 lbs within minutes!] and the one I got to replace it was even worse. I'm currently on the lookout for a reliable, affordable bathroom scale...any recommendations?

Sad thing is, since Februrary, I've been making weak-hearted declarative statements of getting back on a modified AIP diet, but always 'starting on Monday.' Aaaand several Mondays have come and gone, and here I sit, still considering starting a 'serious' diet again. On Monday.

A smidge of good news, though! This week, the kiddo and I have made a great effort to become more active! I've started going on evening walks with him...we're starting slow, walking about 15-20 minutes around our apartment complex. Might seem like virtually nothing to most people, but it's a good first step for us! [We've been shamefully sedentary for way too long, so I feel like easing into an exercise routine is probably the safest bet...I think if we immediately stepped into something too grueling, we'd both be put off by it and would probably quit!]

What else...*ponders*

I'm making progress at work. I'm thiiiiiiis close to wrapping up some personal goals! I'll consider writing about it once it's all said and done.

Oh! In the last month or so, my husband and I decided to do some 'financial restructuring.' Even though we've been married for almost a year and a half, we never made the transition, financially. We finally went and created a joint checking account for 'family finances' and came up with a concrete savings plan, and I'm so glad! If I'm being honest, it was getting more than tedious to constantly be sending each other money for bills and such....or to be standing at the cash register and have to tell the cashier that we're splitting the grocery total...it was fine for while we were dating, but I thought that it was probably odd for a married couple. So yeah, that's changed! It's our first month fully joining accounts. I figure it will probably take a good 3-4 months for everything to 'normalize' and for joint finances not to feel so foreign...but I think its' a good change, right?

Aside from that, I don't think there's really been much going on.

My hidradenitis is still terrible and persistent, but I don't think it's getting much worse. [Definitely not any better, though]

Yeah. I guess that's about it!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend, and I will try not to be such a stranger anymore ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Semaglutide: Week 1 Recap...

I just officially finished my first week of my Semaglutide treatment plan at my new weight loss clinic. How did it go? It was okay .  Overal...